After disappeared for a few weeks, I'm here to introduce you guys a new place in town! I wonder you guys know about Vantage Desiran which is a newly built commercial houses. It's located right beside Tanjung Pinang Tesco. How to go?
From Batu Ferringhi - After Tesco traffic light turn into the first curved road on your left. This will lead you to Vantage. You will see Asiatique on your right
From Gurney Drive - After Island Plaza traffic lights go straight to the next traffic light which is directly in front of a mosque. You can see a U-Turn sign. Make a U-turn and turn into the first road on your left. Go straight and turn left again. You will be inside Vantage. Drive towards the unit facing the main road. Asiatique is there.
Outfit is from Celebrity Closet.
Asiatique is a new restaurant and lounge that use Modern Australian cooking on a plate with their believe in good, simple and tasty food! The beauty of Modern Australian cooking is the combining of Asian flavours into French cooking techniques creates a unique tantalizing food experience. Other than serving good food, they do take into account of customer's health too as their restaurant and lounge is 100% MSG free.
Drinks of the night we had:
Amohlicious (Ribena, Lychee fruit, Lychee Syrup, Soda water) RM15
Love of Denise (Pineapple juice, Orange juice, Cranberry juice, Grenadine syrup) RM15
Here comes the starters.
Chilled Sliken Tofu (RM12) topped with caviar, chives, dried shrimp and hoisin jam. Served cold, the topping is just right to add a taste of saltiness with the tofu.
Potato and Leek Miso Soup (RM11). The topping was some crispy tofu puffs and nori crackers.
Green Pea Cappuccino (RM11) topped with parmesan nutmeg foam and cinnamon lavosh. This soup had definitely caught my eye first because it's named after a coffee and I always love food in green. Green colour always relating to matcha or green tea which is my favourite. Now we have green pea soup, a good choice for health concious people.
Laksa Fried Chicken Wings (4 - RM13) served with laksa paste, chilli and lime sauce. The meat and skin was well-cooked. Crunchy bite followed with a soft but tender finish. As for the taste I was expecting something more, perhaps the taste of the Laksa is not strong enough which made the dishes normal.
This will be my most favourite starter of the night, Crab and Corn Cakes (3 - RM16) served with Singapore spicy chilli sauce and arugula salad. The ingredients was perfectly mashed and the right pick for the sauce that had definitely satisfied my taste bud.
As for the main course they have choices from pasta to variety of meats such as salmon, duck, chicken, pork, lamb and beef.
Pan Seared Salmon (RM30) served with laksa cream, pickled cucumber and mint salad, fermented prawn foam. I'm a fan of salmon as they contain a lot of healthy fats so I usually order salmon whenever I could. And I must say I would really like to give a thumbs up for the chef. They are just creative enough to combine Asian's flavour into it.
Five Spice Duck Breast (RM34) with yam puree, sauteed chilli spinach, kushiyaki quail eggs and orange plum reduction.
Five Spice Roast Pork Aglio Olio (RM22) topped with crispy roast pork, thai basil and chilli flakes. When it comes to Aglio Olio, I never expect something nice because either it's too oily or tasteless. But this dishes changed my mind, it's not oily at all and yet it does brings out the taste of it with a little spicy.
Coconut and Ginger Carbonara Fettuccini (RM24) I'm a die hard fan of milky, cheesy food, not to mention carbonara. Asiatique's carbonara is served with coconut, ginger and pandan leave cream, poached hainanese chicken and crispy chicken skin. The sauce beside is actually garlic sambal. Sounds strange? Yea it might but it's actually taste really good with the carbonara. This will be one of my favourite cabonara list.
Braised Pork Belly (RM28) served with grilled abalone mushroom, garlic spinach aioli, confit potatoes and poached duck eggs.
Confit of Miso Sake Beef Brisket (RM32) served with shrimp and radish cake, coriander and raisin couscous and miso glaze. I like the beef but it can be quite salty so the couscous has to be eaten together.
For the desserts of the night we had 4 kinds from the warm to cold.
Sarsi Poached Pears (RM12) topped with rambutan salsa and nutmeg granita. A refreshing choice of dessert after the heavy main course.
Tropical Fruit Strudel (RM14) served with assorted seasonal tropical fruits, almond cream, candied nuts and spiced ice cream. This was my favourite dessert among all. One bite from the warm strudel followed by a bite of ice cream, that's pretty much sounds like heaven to me.
Kopi O' Bread Butter Pudding (RM14) served with milk tea 'teh tarik' ice cream and kaya mousse. I was expecting something softer for the bread pudding and it also has a sourish end. Not my type of dessert.
Chendul and Red Bean Panna Cotta (RM12) served with gula melaka. I have to say that it's really a creative way to transform a chendul to a panna cotta but the texture have to be softer. The taste was okay.
Few days back I brought my mum to Asiatique to have dinner. She chose Pan Seared Salmon and I chose Carbonara Fettuccini. Glad that my mum actually loves the food there because she is quite picky when it comes to food. Haha.
After that she said she wanted to have dessert and since Victoria Sweet Pastry is located just a few shops beside, we decided to give it a try. But the time we reached they said they already closed and it's not even 10pm (their operating hours is until 11pm). So we drove all the way to 12 cups to have crepe cake.
Hokkaido Chocolate Cake.





























No comments:
Post a Comment